Download GIMP Latest Version
The current stable release of GIMP is 2.10.20 (2020-06-07).
Download GIMP FOR GNU/LINUX
This link downloads the GIMP flatpak, this installer specially builds for GNU/LINUX system. It provides faster updates.
Download GIMP FOR WINDOWS
This link downloads the GIMP Installer for Windows. This installer perfect for Windows 7 and above version (32bit and 64bit).
Download GIMP FOR MacOS
Download the installer for macOS from the link below. The currently available version is 2.10.14 and has not updated to 2.10.20. But it will be done soon.
About GIMP Versions
GIMP 2.10 is the outcome of six years of work that initially focused on porting the program to a new image-processing engine, GEGL However, this update is a big one, and we are going to describe it’s main features related to user interface and HiDPI support.
- The first noticeable thing is the New Dark theme and Symbolic Icons. 4 user interface themes available in GIMP: Dark (default), Light, Gray, and System.
- High Bit Depth Support: Allows processing images with up to 32-bit per color channel accuracy and TIFF, open/export PSD, EXR, PNG, and RGBE files in their native fidelity.
- Multi-Threading: Lets making use of multiple cores for processing.
- Linear color space workflow: Now, being able to work on images in linear RGB color space as opposed to gamma-corrected (perceptual) RGB color space.
- Color management revamped: This made it possible, in precise, to offer color management to all custom widgets we could think of: color, image previews, and pattern previews, etc.
- Layers & Mask: LCH layer modes: Hue, Chroma, Color, and Lightness. Pass-Through mode for layer groups. Linear Burn, Vivid Light, Linear Light, Pin Light, Hard Mix, Exclusion, Merge, and Split.
- Warp Transform: The new Warp Transform tool lets you doing localized transforms like shifting or growing pixels with a soft brush and undo support.
- Better selection tools: Select tool can finally make subpixel selection in complex cases.
- Color tools: Color submenu tool has been removed, and the color tool has been refactored to become GEGL-based filters.
Note: For more precise information you can go through GIMP 2.10 Release Notes
In this updated GIMP team focuses on providing advance User Interface.
- Single Window Mode: You can easily toggle now between single and multi-window mode.
- Multi-Column Doc Windows: GIMP 2.8 enables dockable dialogs in a dock window to be set in multiple columns.
- More Screen Real Easted For Dockable Dialogs
- Save & Export: A rather significant conceptual update is that saving and exporting images now are separated activities.
- Layer Groups: Now, image layers can be organised in a tree-like structure.
- Tools Drawn With Cairo