GIMP is also called the GNU image manipulation program and this is available free and is an open-source graphics editor. With GIMP, you can convert image formats to other formats, retouching, drawings, etc.
GIMP carries a license of GPLv3+ and is available in Microsoft Windows, macOS as well as Linux. It came into existence as General Image Manipulator Program and later changed its name to GIMP. Volunteers linked with GNU and GNOME project developed this as free software.
GIMP 2.8.0 Features
- Some additional effects of GIMP are drop shadow, motion blur, noise, etc apart from various other standard effects as well as filters.
- Clone tool, healing brush, perspective clone tool, blur as well as sharpen tool, smudge tool, dodge plus burn tools help to a large extent for making incredible edits.
- Path tools in GIMP help to draw vectors usually known as Bezier curves.
- Extraction of foreground elements such as a person or house in focus is done with precision by the method of Simple Interactive Object Extraction.
- Quick Mask mode is there in the current update of GIMP for painting the selection area by making use of the brush.
- Selection tools in GIMP are free tools, fuzzy select tools, rectangular as well as circular selection tools.
- The color choosers of GIMP have selectors or scales, water-color selectors, as well as a color wheel selector.
- GIMP provides various methods to apply the needed colors to the pictures or drawings in various ways.
- As basic tools for editing software, GIMP has a menu as well as a dialogue box comprising of filters, brushes, selection, layer, masking tools plus transformation.
How to Download GIMP 2.8.0
The gimp software lets you download it in any platform. So to choose your platform click on the given below download button and download gimp 2.8.0. After downloading open the app and follow instruction for installation.