GIMP is in the category of open-source computer software that you can use for free and it permits users to edit images as well as make graphics content. GIMP refers to the GNU Image Manipulation Program. You can download gimp 2.6.10 it at ease and apply it across multiple platforms.
It was designed in 1995 by Spencer Kimball and Peter Mattis. Users can apply it as a simple paint program or a complete functional graphics design software as per the choice.
GIMP 2.6. is a crucial release when it comes to development. It includes amendments to the user interface that deal with some generally received complaints, as well as a tentative integration of GEGL, the graph-based image processing library that brings high bit-depth as well as non-destructive editing to GIMP.
GIMP 2.6.10 Features
- Now have the choice to save presets and timestamp presets as per the last time you made use of them.
- The PDF plug-in also provides support to password-protected PDF’s and you can explore multipage PDF documents.
- GIMP provides support to metadata saving for multiple file formats like TIFF, PNG, JPEG, and WEBP files.
- The user interface with updates has Dark Mode and Symbolic Icons enabled by default.
- Icons are distinct from themes and now you select between color and symbolic icons.
- The GEGL image library is fully ported and enables multiple features across the board like High Bit Depth Support, Multi-Threading, and GPU side processing.
- Color management is not a plug-in now but a core feature of GIMP.
- Commencing this version, it is extra useful for CIE LABis extra useful and CIE LCH.
- The new Unified Transform tool allows the user to do simplified transform operations.
- GEGL based filters are now included for helping render on-canvas controls.
- GIMP at present supports multiple new file formats like PSD, PNG, TIFF up to 32bit per channel precision.
- This version comes with an array of amendments commonly requested by Digital Painters like the MyPaint Brush tool.
The toolbox menu bar is removed and fused with the image window menu bar. To do this a window called empty image window is introduced. It hosts the menu bar and keeps alive application instances when no images are opened.
It also acts as a Drag and Drop target. When opening the first image the empty image window gets transformed into a normal image window, and at the time of closing the last image, that window is transformed empty image window.
Toolbox and Docks are Utility windows
With the vacant image window that acts as a natural main window, the default window that points at the Toolbox and Docks has been transformed to Utility window.
This lets window managers perform a comparatively better job of managing the GIMP windows, which includes excluding the Toolbox and Docks from the taskbar and making sure that the Toolbox and Docks are above image windows always.
Potential to Pan Beyond Image Border
As of today, it is possible to pan beyond the boundary of the image border, making image window navigation less constrained. It is not a problem now to use the brush edge on the edge of an image while zoomed in, and one can transform the canvas to utility windows covering parts of the image window without limitation.
Tools, Filters & Plug-ins
The freehand select tool is enhanced for supporting polygonal selections. It also permits the fusion of freehand segments with polygonal segments, editing of segments that presently exist, application of angle-constraints to segments, as well as the normal selection tool operations such as Add and Subtract.
You can make the Free Select Tool an apt, powerful as well as easy-to-use selection tool.
Brush dynamics permits mapping of multiple brush parameters, common at least in size and opacity, to one or more of three input dynamics: pressure, velocity, and random. Velocity and random can be used with a mouse. The Ink tool, which supported velocity earlier, is overhauled and at present handles velocity-dependent painting in a better way.
Brush dynamics have enabled the latest feature in stroking paths. There is at present a check box that comes under the “paint tool” option, to emulate brush dynamics if you stroke by making use of a paint tool. This means that when the stroke is being painted by GIMP, it tells the brush that its pressure, as well as velocity, differ along the length of the stroke.
Pressure commences with zero, ramps up to complete pressure, and further ramps down again to no pressure. Velocity commences from zero and shoots up to full speed by the end of the stroke.
Minor Amendments in GIMP 2.6.10
- Added a bounding box for the Text Tool that provides support to the automatic wrapping of text in that bounding box.
- Move tackles rectangle-based tools like Crop and Rectangle Select to the outside of the rectangle if the rectangle is narrow.
- Added motion restrictions to the Move Tool.
- Improvised event smoothing for paint tools.
- Mark the center of rectangles as they are shifted, and snap the center to grid and rulers.
- Enable brush scaling for the Smudge tool.
- Added ability to save presets in various color tools for color adjustments you use frequently.
- Permit to transfer settings from Brightness-Contrast to Levels, and from Levels to Curves.
- Permit changing opacity on transform tool previews.
- The Screenshot plug-in is given the ability to trap the mouse cursor (by making use of Xfixes).
- Display aspect ratio of the Crop as well as Rectangle Select Tool rectangles in the status bar.
- Desaturate is given an on-canvas preview.
- The Flame plug-in is extended with 22 new variations.
- Data file folders like brush folders are traced recursively for files.
- Changed the PSD import plug-in with a version [ rewritten] that performs in a manner of the old version plus various other things, like reading of ICC color profiles.
- Name change Dialogs menu to Windows.
- Keep a list of currently shut Docks and permit reopening them.
- Making opening images in running GIMP instances operate better on Windows.
- Enter the image zoom ratio directly in the status bar.
- Added support for making use of online help rather than locally installed GIMP Help package.
- Enable to lock tabs in docks for preventing accidental moving.
How to Download GIMP 2.6.10
.You can download GIMP 2.6.10 simply clicking below download button.